It’s About What I Want

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Story Title- It’s About What I Want
Story Author- AhnIlGyun Story URL- http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/68363/it-s-about-what-i-want-namwoohyun-oneshot-smut-sungyeol-woohyun-yaoi/18
Reviewer- Ishwarya @ Sunset Avenue
_____________________________________

Title- 4/5

Even though your title is simple, it is apt. It gives an idea of what the reader should expect from your story, and yet, it reveals nothing.

Poster/Background- 6/10.

Your poster is just average. Here are my reasons-

1. It is very simple. Your designer could have used more textures and patterns, and made it brighter.

2. The font used is very bland. She should have used different fonts ( the title and the tagline have the same fonts)

3. The pictures of the MCs could have been better ones.

Foreword- 3/5

When you mention ‘Foreword’ as a header, please refrain from giving the story details, when you started, when you finished, how many times you used the F-word, etc. That is not the foreword a reader would expect to see.

Anyway, considering that your foreword is titled as ‘teaser’, I think it revealed a major part of your one-shot. You should understand the knack of hiding the essential details.

Plot- 10/15

A very simple plot, but I managed to read it till the end. You gave a very vivid description of their intimacy, and it enhanced the beauty of your storyline. Keep it up! I hope you continue to write full-length stories.

Flow- 7/10

As it is a one-shot, reviewers expect a very stable flow. You have a very stable flow of writing, but in a few situations, I felt as if you just broke your flow abruptly.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary- 14/15

Perfect! You are good in your spellings and in grammar. Expect for a few tenses mistakes here and there (which can be ignored), your one-shot is flawless. However, I’d suggest you to expand your vocabulary.

Characterization- 5/10

You couldn’t characterize the MCs properly. I visualized both of them as two men who just wanted to have sex. I wish you could just elaborate on their personalities more, for example, give them a quirky look or habit etc.

Originality- 15/15

This is the first time I came across a story like yours. Very original, I enjoyed it very much.

Writing Style- 4/5

Your writing style was good. I liked it. But personally, I like more descriptions about situations and surroundings.

Overall Enjoyment- 8/10

Frankly, I don’t read much smut stories. But I liked your style!

Score: 76/100.

Labels:

Sunset Avenue~