Crushed Leaves

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Author: LuckyFriday13th
Title: Crushed Leaves
Reviewer: bubbly balloon bubbles

______________________________________

Title: 4.5/5
The title ‘crushed leave’ does fit the first half of the story, it is quite memorable in a way, it’s short, neat and simple and it wasn’t clichéd so, good. The second title ‘joined as one’ once again is a good title, because it was related to the story, but unlike the first one it was pretty cliché.

Poster: 5/5
The poster was great, it really felt like they were both looking for each other. There was no background so I didn’t include it in your mark.

Forewords: 3/5

It was too short, though the meaning was quite deep and sweet. Maybe you could have done a little more on the forewords. Like introduce the characters a little.

Plot: 13/15
The plot was very cute both for the first and the second parts of the story. The first plot was more enjoyable than the second because the second plot can be read a lot in many other stories.

Flow: 8/10
The first part had bits and pieces missing, well I’m sorry but I’m the type of person who wants to know everything, so I was thinking where was Yunho’s mother? Did Yunho see Jaejoong and then go and step on the leaf, etc. Sorry that might just be me being a little too curious. The second half flowed to the ending too fast where they suddenly acknowledged each other as the ‘one’ they were looking for.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 15\15

At least I didn’t pick up any mistakes in this category.

Characterization: 5/10
There wasn’t any character development. There was description, but I wanted to see your characters developing. Well there was a little character development in Jaejoong, but none whatsoever in Yunho.

Originality: 10\15
There are quite a lot of stories about finding a childhood friend and then finding them when you grow up again. But the beginning was original compared to the other stories, like it didn’t have the two vowing to see each other again.

Writing style: 4\5

I liked your writing style, concentrate on more with what the characters are feeling and how they are developing.

Overall enjoyment: 10/10
I did enjoy the story, I found it quite cute.

Overall score: 77.5/95

P.S. Sorry for the long long delay, I suddenly got quite busy these few weeks, thank you for patiently waiting, I apologize for the long delay.
I hope my review can improve your writing in the future. Fighting!

Labels:

Sunset Avenue~